On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 16:16:51 +0800
"Longpeng(Mike)" <longpe...@huawei.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> In vfio migration resume phase, the cost would increase if the
> vfio device has more unmasked vectors. We try to optimize it in
> this series.
>
> You can see the commit message in PATCH 6 for details.
>
> Patch 1-3 are simple cleanups and fixup.
> Patch 4-5 are the preparations for the optimization.
> Patch 6 optimizes the vfio msix setup path.
>
> Changes v4->v5:
>  - setup the notifier and irqfd in the same function to makes
>    the code neater.    [Alex]

I wish this was posted a day earlier, QEMU entered soft-freeze for the
6.2 release yesterday[1].  Since vfio migration is still an
experimental feature, let's pick this up when the next development
window opens, and please try to get an ack from Paolo for the deferred
msi route function in the meantime.  Thanks,

Alex

[1]https://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/6.2