On 1/21/22 17:04, Vladimir Sementsov-Ogievskiy wrote:

The split was proposed in previous versions, but Vladimir did not really like it and suggested to send it as a separate series:

I didn't really like it as it seemed unusual and unobvious to me. But if we already accepted similar split for generic block layer, no way for me to resist :) And if we follow new logic of generic block layer in jobs, it's not "unusual" any more.

Either way I think it's okay to have it as a follow-up. The explicit naming in the API is a bit verbose but definitely clearer, so it's okay to order different than the graph/IO split. In that case we weren't even sure, until you went through all the testcase failures, that a _locked or rather "_drained" API was possible.

Paolo