(Cc'ing Paolo for commit cd362defb)

On 26/7/22 19:23, Taylor Simpson wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Henderson <richard.hender...@linaro.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2022 10:41 AM
To: Taylor Simpson <tsimp...@quicinc.com>
Cc: qemu-devel <qemu-devel@nongnu.org>
Subject: hexagon docker test failure

Hi Taylor,

One of your recent hexagon testsuite changes is incompatible with the
docker image that we're using:

tests/tcg/hexagon/multi_result.c:79:16: error: invalid instruction

    asm volatile("%0,p0 = vminub(%2, %3)\n\t"

                 ^

<inline asm>:1:2: note: instantiated into assembly here

          r3:2,p0 = vminub(r1:0, r3:2)

          ^

1 error generated.

Can we try again to update debian-hexagon-cross?  I recall that last time
there was a compiler bug that prevented forward progress.  Perhaps that has
been fixed in the interim?

I'm willing to accept such an update in the next week before rc1, but if we
can't manage that we'll need to disable the failing test(s?).  Thanks in
advance,

r~

Hi Richard,

Some of the tests require the -mv67 flag to be passed to the compiler because
they have instructions that are new in v67.

This patch
commit cd362defbbd09cbbc08b3bb465141542887b8cef
Author: Paolo Bonzini <pbonz...@redhat.com>
Date:   Fri May 27 16:35:48 2022 +0100

     tests/tcg: merge configure.sh back into main configure script

Moved this line from tests/tcg/configure.sh to the main configure script
: ${cross_cc_cflags_hexagon="-mv67 -O2 -static"}

However, those flags aren't actually passed to the compiler any more - at least
by default.

The gitlab builder is passing
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/2771528066
So, there must be something in $MAKE_CHECK_ARGS

I use the following when I run
make EXTRA_CFLAGS='-mv67 -O2' check-tcg

So, we probably don't need a new docker image.  Do other targets have their
cross_cc_cflags?  Please advise.

Thanks,
Taylor