On 14/08/2022 23:08, Alistair Francis wrote:
> EXTERNAL EMAIL: Do not click links or open attachments unless you know the
> content is safe
>
> On Sat, Aug 13, 2022 at 11:51 PM Conor Dooley <m...@conchuod.ie> wrote:
>> QEMU support for PolarFire SoC seems to be fairly out of date at this
>> point. Running with a recent HSS, U-Boot etc doesn't work, partly due
>> to the unimplemented cache controller that the HSS tries to read from
>> (it needs to know the ways configuration now) and the rest seems to be
>> down to 64 bit address DMA to the sd card (not 100% on that yet).
>> There's some patches floating around internally that supposedly fixed
>> things for QEMU v6.something but I could not replicate & they're fairly
>> conflicty at this point. Plan is to clean them up, but no point sitting
>> on this patch until then as I have no ETA for that at this point.
>
> Awesome! It is great to see Microchip supporting open source projects

Better late than never ehh..
As I said, no ETA yet as I don't know just how far off the sd card stuff
is, but it's in the todo pile. In the meantime, I'll keep an eye out here
which I am ~certain we haven't been doing so far. I've added QEMU stuff
to my build/test scripts now that I've got the direct kernel boot working
for me so hopefully once things get fixed, they'll stay that way.

Thanks,
Conor.