On 16/01/2023 17.32, Pierre Morel wrote:

On 1/10/23 12:37, Thomas Huth wrote:
Other question: Do we have "node-id"s on s390x? If not, is that similar to books or drawers, i.e. just another word? If so, we should maybe rather re-use "nodes" instead of introducing a new name for the same thing?

We have theoretically nodes-id on s390x, it is the level 5 of the topology, above drawers. Currently it is not used in s390x topology, the maximum level returned to a LPAR host is 4.
I suppose that it adds a possibility to link several s390x with a fast network.

Ok, thanks. So if nodes are indeed a concept on top of the other layers, and we do not really support these on s390x yet, should we maybe forbid them on s390x like we recently did with the "threads" in the recent machine types? ... to avoid that users try to use them with the wrong expectations?

 Thomas