On Tue, 30 May 2023 at 14:00, Kambalin, Sergey
<sergey.kamba...@auriga.com> wrote:

> Got it! Thanks!
>
> I'll split this one to three patches:
> 1) replace magic numbers with named constants (refactoring)
>
> 2) add new properties for VC 4
>
> 3) Add some unit tests to check the newly added properties via mailbox

Are the VC4 properties supposed to be present on
all our existing raspi models? (i.e. is this a bug
fix for our existing models rather than stuff we only
want on the new raspi4b?)

As a rule of thumb, stuff fixing issues with our
existing code can be sent in as its own patch or
patchset; changes which are specifically for a new
board/SoC should be put together into the patchset
which adds that new board.

> (Sorry for wasting your time by inappropriate patches - this is my first
> experience with OSS)

No, that's fine -- the project's review/patch preferences
are a bit confusing for people coming to it for the first time.

thanks
-- PMM