I thought we'd fixed this container definition so that we only downloaded the
hexagon toolchain instead?  Do we really need a host compiler for that
container build?

Or am I misunderstanding and you're referring to features required to support
idef parser?  Does "hexagon codegen" refer to hexagon's TCG generation or
hexagon code itself (required by tests/tcg)?