> Yeah, the closest to a "standard" we have for nios2 is that
> I asked the Codesourcery folks to document it in the libgloss
> sources and put the URL to it in a comment at the top of
> nios2-semi.c, given that there's no official spec and the
> original and main guest-side user is libgloss.
> m68k is in a similar position only without the URL
> in our source file :-)

Yeah, we had the same ask when getting risc-v semihosting merged. For
that, I actually pushed through an "official" risc-v standard. I kinda
wish I'd used the m68k model instead of the arm model as that provides
simple POSIX semantics...

https://github.com/riscv-software-src/riscv-semihosting/blob/main/riscv-semihosting-spec.adoc

--
-keith