On 9/21/2023 4:55 PM, David Hildenbrand wrote:
On 14.09.23 05:50, Xiaoyao Li wrote:
From: Chao Peng <chao.p.p...@linux.intel.com>

Add KVM gmem support to RAMBlock so both normal hva based memory
and kvm gmem fd based private memory can be associated in one RAMBlock.

Introduce new flag RAM_KVM_GMEM. It calls KVM ioctl to create private
gmem for the RAMBlock when it's set.

But who sets RAM_KVM_GMEM and when?

The answer is in the next patch. When `private` property of memory backend is set to true, it will pass RAM_KVM_GMEM flag to memory_region_init_ram_*()

Don't we simply allocate it for all RAMBlocks under such special VMs?

yes, this is the direction after your comments.

I'll try to figure out how to achieve it.

What's the downside of doing that?

As far as I see, for TDX, no downside.