On 06/10/2023 18:09, Cédric Le Goater wrote:
>>> Getting acks from everyone will be difficultsince some PHBs are orphans.
>>
>> [...] This is what gets me a bit hesitant
>
> orphans shouldn't be an issue, nor the PPC emulated machines. We will see
> what other maintainers have to say.

How about this as a compromise: to have a separate patch at the end of the
series that converts every other PHB? This way the rest can iterate, while we
await maintainers feedback without potentially blocking everything else.

Also, one other patch I'll add to this series at the end is this one:

https://lore.kernel.org/qemu-devel/20230908120521.50903-1-joao.m.mart...@oracle.com/

This way the vIOMMU series is a complete thing for old and new guests, as
opposed to just new.

        Joao