On 28 January 2015 at 16:02, Stefan <strawberrybl...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to emulate an armhf platform with at least 2, better 4
> or more GB RAM, allthough didn't find one supported by qemu.
> (most was vexpress-a9 with up to 1 GB)

vexpress-a15 allows up to 30GB (assuming a 64-bit host system;
32-bit hosts are always limited to just under 2GB guest RAM).
The "virtual machine" board 'virt' can also handle up to 30GB.
highbank and midway can do 4GB.

> Since out in the wild there are ARM devices like the imx6
> with up to 2GB, this seems to be quite odd.

It's just a reflection of which SoCs and boards we've modelled.

> Do you have a hint, where to find information
> about the maximum amount of RAM the different qemu arm machines
> support?

You have to read the source code, I'm afraid.

-- PMM