On 20/10/2016 06:21, A223 A223 wrote:
Okay, I've enabled intremap=no_x2apic_optout on the host kernel and
didn't see much of a change in performance.
I feel I should mention that the qemu process on the host consumes
about 8-30% CPU (as shown in top) when the guest (Windows 10) task
manager shows <1.0% cpu utilization. More often than not, it is >15%.
Is this normal?
Maybe try to look at the Interrupt, disk and network statistics
on the first and second tab of the Windows 8/10 Task Manager
and see if there is any correlation with the extra host CPU
use?  I know the details there are a bit meager compared to
what might be available with lower level Windows tools, but
at least it's easy.

Enjoy

Jakob