I am trying to install Windows 10 Home (USB edition) in QEMU 2.7.0.
My machine (Intel NUC6i3SYH) boots UEFI from sda then the host (based on
Linux from Scratch 7.10) runs entirely in memory.

This was how
I partitioned the disk.

sda1 EFI System Partition
sda2
Microsoft Reserved
sda3 Microsoft Basic Data (WINDOWS)
sda4
Microsoft Basic Data (WIN_BACKUP)
sda5 Linux filesystem

sdc Windows 10 Home USB

I also downloaded the latest
stable virtio drivers (0.1.126)

qemu-system-x86_64 -cpu
core2duo -m 2G -L /usr/share/qemu -bios OVMF.fd -drive
file=/dev/sdc,media=cdrom,format=raw,cache=none,if=virtio -drive
file=/dev/sda,media=disk,format=raw,cache=none,if=virtio -drive
file=/lfs/sources/virtio/virtio-win_amd64.vfd,format=raw,cache=none,readonly,if=floppy
-vga std -enable-kvm -display vnc=:0

I was able to start
Windows 10 Setup until the point where I was asked to "Select the
driver to install".

I selected the Red Hat VirtIO SCSI
Driver for Windows 10 but Setup gave me "no new device drivers
found" and I was back to the same screen.

"Browse" for device drivers again.  This time around I
could even see my "WINDOWS" (C:) and "WIN_BACKUP" (E:)
drives in the browser.  I also saw the Windows 10 USB (X:).

I don't understand why Setup didn't just let me install Windows 10 into
one of drive C: or E:?

What am I missing?

Alex