On Mon, 8 May 2023 at 14:18, Zongyuan Li <zongyuan...@c0x0o.me> wrote:

> I’v noticed that there used to be a patch series working on it:
>
> https://patchew.org/QEMU/20200613213629.21984-1-salil.me...@huawei.com/
>
> It seems to be working, any reason on why it is not merged? Is there any
> difficulty
> to implement cpu hot(un)plug in qemu-arm(especially for kvm case)? Hope I can
> find something I can help.

Arm hotplug is unsupported for the usual reason any large feature
isn't implemented: there has been nobody who:
 * cares about the feature
 * has sufficient time to work on it
 * has expertise to work on it
(which you need from both the person sending the patches and
also from people to review it).

In this case Salil sent an RFC patchset, with a note that
it also depended on some kernel changes. There was some
minor discussion about it but as far as I can see Salil
didn't move forward with it (and any RFC patchset needs
further work before it will go in, that's why it's RFC).

-- PMM