On Thu, 3 Aug 2023 at 14:31, Swedha R <swedha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi team,
> I have arm64 up and  running in Qemu, And I built kernel image, rootfs
> everything via buildroot open source I cloned from git.
> And I customized via make - menuconfig like enabling gpio support, libgpiod
> module and in device drivers gpio chip named pl061 .
> After that, I able to see gpiochip in the /dev directory inside arm running
> in qemu.
> I want to know , how to trigger the gpio line and cache and service it in
> this case.
> The gpiochip has 7 lines in it.
>
> This is the qemu-command we used,
> qemu-system-aarch64 -M virt -cpu cortex-a53 -nographic -smp 1 -kernel Image
> -append "rootwait root=/dev/vda console=ttyAMA0" -netdev user,id=eth0 -device
> virtio-net-device,netdev=eth0 -drive
> file=rootfs.ext4,if=none,format=raw,id=hd0 -device virtio-blk-device,drive=hd0

The GPIO devices in the virt board are there for specific
purposes: there is one in the non-secure world which has an
input for the "power off" key, and one in the secure world
(if enabled) which has outputs for the firmware to do
reset and power-off. You can't use them for other things.
(Linux running on the virt board and using the dtb it is
provided should automatically be able to handle the
power-off key input; UEFI/Trusted Firmware knows about the
secure-world GPIO controller already.)

thanks
-- PMM