Hello community experts,

  We are using qemu version 6.2 and are trying to do memory hotplugging for
windows 2012 std edition. The libvirt dimm configuration is appended below.
The problem I am facing is after dimm is attached, in guest the device is
shown as an unknown device and driver pnpmem.sys cannot properly handle the
device. I also tried qemu 4.2 and it seems to be working fine.

  So my question is is windows 2012 supports memory hot plugging on qemu
6.2? And where can I find some logs to identify the issue? Thank you.

--

Best Regards,

Jiatong Shen

the dimm device xml looks like,
    <memory model='dimm'>
      <target>
        <size unit='KiB'>4194304</size>
        <node>0</node>
      </target>
      <alias name='dimm0'/>
      <address type='dimm' slot='0' base='0x140000000'/>
    </memory>