Hi Anita,

 Thanks - looks professional!

 Sorry for being late - but here are my 2 cents: red=removal,
blue=addition, green=rewrite, gray=comment

Discover QGIS

        * QGIS is a professional GIS application and developer platform which
compares ...
        * Do we really need this part? .... which compares favorably with free
and commercial products.
        * ..., Windows and Android (QField) and ...

QGIS Community

        * ... government, education, planning, engineering, NGOs, military and
research.
        * ... provide a platform for common interestes ...
        * Developer meetings are a great opportunity to meet community members
in person and share knowledge.

 Key Features

        * QGIS provides a continuously growing ....
        * You can visualize, manage, edit, analyse data, and design print
maps. (Could also be screen maps, esp. with v3, where one can use pixels
as units)
        * Interoperability: support for numerous file formats and databases as
well as web services (open standards and additional common formats)

        * from custom data input forms to personalized user interfaces and
workflows.

International

        * I find it problematic to list only a few countries. Important
pioneering countries are missing in this list, like Italy, Switzerland,
UK and probably more. Maybe just write that user groups can be found on
all continents (even on Antarctica ;-) )

Thanks a lot for your work!

Andreas

On 2017-08-10 14:59, Anita Graser wrote:

> Thanks everyone for checking!
>
> I've fixed the typos and added a screenshot + photo from Nodebo
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwc-5JFVTnfIS1N1SGtvenF6NEU/view?usp=sharing
>
> I'll be away from computer for a few days starting tomorrow, so if I don't
> hear any opposition, I'll submit this one to be printed for FOSS4G.
>
> Regards
> Anita
>
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 12:40 PM, Raymond Nijssen <r.nijs...@terglobo.nl>
> wrote:
> Hi Anita,
>
> Great work indeed! So much better than the old existing "Quantum GIS" one.
>
> I also missed a screenshot.
>
> And I found 2 typos:
>
> "atabase"
> and
> "are found are found"
>
> Cheers,
> Raymond
>
> On 10-08-17 08:32, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
>
> # resending from the right email address...
>
> Hi Anita,
>
> Looks very professional!
>
> I did not follow the template discussion, but there we are not supposed
> to show off a nice map and/or screenie of QGIS itself?
>
> Should we remove the "and Android" from QGIS runs on Linux, Unix, Mac
> OSX, Windows and Android? As for what I know there is not much work
> being done anymore on the actual QGIS on Android.
> There is off course QField, but that is not a community project (? I
> think ?) and I'm also ok to name it, but then we should name it QField
> (and not QGIS on Android)?
>
> There is no notion of the 'verein'.. not sure if it is needed, but...
>
> Thanks for this work
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard
>
> On 10-08-17 00:04, Anita Graser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you have followed the OSGeo projects mailing list, you probably know
> that it took a while to get a working template for the project brochures
> ready.
>
> Here's my first shot at a QGIS brochure:
>
> Scribus
> project:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwc-5JFVTnfIVkxBU3ZyR0pVZ00/view?usp=sharing
> [1]
>
> PDF:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwc-5JFVTnfIS1N1SGtvenF6NEU/view?usp=sharing
> [2]
>
> The text is largely taken from our website and some I just made up on
> the spot ;-)
>
> Please check it. We should submit it soon to have some prints at FOSS4G.
>
> Feel free to grab the Scribus project and improve on it!
>
> Regards,
> Anita

Terglobo
Fahrenheitstraat 1