Hi Stefan,

You should use Marco Hugentoblers Interlis plugin to load files, which,
like you said uses OGR. It just makes the OGR handling easier and allows
to select only certain topics/tables.

What exactly is the problem? What error message are you getting?

I believe that Interlis should be enabled by default by QGIS 1.5 or QGIS
1.6. It works on my machine for small and medium sized itf's but fails for
big itfs. I haven't tested Interlis 2 so far.

Andreas

On Mon, October 18, 2010 12:14 pm, Stefan Keller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to import/export INTERLIS geodata inside QGIS under Windows
> (XP Professional) - but had no luck so far.
>
> There are two QGIS plugins around, "OGR Converter" (C++) and
> "Interlis" (Python) which obviously call OGR/GDAL libraries.
> "OGR Converter" doesn't list Interlis format and "Interlis" plugin
> reports "The GDAL/OGR library you are using has beend compiled without
> Interlis support".
> I'm talking about INTERLIS format version 1 and 2 (read/write).
>
> I fear that the default make files for GDAL/OGR do not include
> INTERLIS libraries.
> I know also that there is a problem - at least under Windows and MacOS
> - of ogr/gdal accessing java jar packages (ili2.jar) unless they are
> copied in the default library search path - or even in every directory
> where programs and data reside.
>
> 1.Can anybody involved in delivering the (Windows) binaries and in
> committing to the "OGR Converter" and "Interlis" plugins have a look
> at this problem?
>
> => To me an optimal solution would be, that Interlis support is
> included by default in all QGIS deliveries.
>
> 2. Is there any workaround? Eventually I can replace the GDAL/OGR .dll
> (.so) myself?
>
> Yours, S.

Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/