no - I am not suggesting to implement this in the GdalTools plugin. QGIS uses gdal to load the raster, doesn't it? The QGIS raster loader should have an option to specify the resampling method used for the raster display. It is not the idea to generate new files with a different resampling method (like gdal_warp/gdal_translate do).

It is probably a gdal option when loading the raster into QGIS and when redrawing the raster.

Andreas