Hi Martin,

I think the OSM plugin has to be improved, and it's a good news if you have
started a new architecture.

Can the plugin be extracted from the core?

For the edit purpose, I think it's an important feature because gis user
don't want to use an other software than the one they use for gis data.
ArcGIS users are happy to have an OSM plugin to update data.
But if the new OSM plugin can be regularly updated, it can start without.

Cheers,
René-Luc