Note: no need for end users to install the extra GEOS 3.3.8-2, all it does is
fix something only needed for compiling software that uses GEOS.  There is no
change in the binary part of GEOS.

On Apr 11, 2013, at 8:29 PM, Larry Shaffer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a quick note to anyone using the Mac nightly builds here [0].
>
> I've updated the 10.7-10.8 build machine with the following:
>
> - Kyngchaos.com GDAL Complete-1.9 (2013-03-01, must update your local install)
> - GDAL framework v1.10.0 beta2 installed after GDAL 1.9 (must locally install)
>     IMPORTANT: there are no format plugins for this GDAL version yet (see
> blog post [1])
> - SQLite3 framework v3.7.16.1-1 installed after GDAL 1.9 (must locally
> install)
>     note: includes support for SpatiaLite 4.0.0
> - GEOS framework v3.3.8-2 installed after GDAL 1.9 (must locally install)
>     note: QGIS still reports 3.3.6dev, though
> - PostgreSQL client updated to 9.2.4 (bundled)
> - Qwt updated to 6.0.2 (bundled)
> - QScintilla2 updated to 2.7.1 (bundled)
>
> Thanks to William for providing the framework and library updates. Of note is
> the new support for GDAL 1.10 and SpatiaLite 4.0! There is already an app
> archive with this setup uploaded.
>
> I've updated the nightly to help provide some user feedback and any bug
> reports before packaging, since I would expect similar frameworks will be
> linked against for the stable 2.0 release.
>
> For example, it would be good if some power users could test out the GDAL
> Tools and SpatiaLite functionality, so any changes can make it into master
> branch before final code freeze.
>
> [0] http://qgis.dakotacarto.com
> [1] http://www.kyngchaos.com/blog/2013/20130331_gdal_1.10_beta2_sqlite_3.7.16
>
> Regards,
>
> Larry Shaffer
> Dakota Cartography
> Black Hills, South Dakota

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"The beast is actively interested only in now, and, as it is always now and
always shall be, there is an eternity of time for the accomplishment of
objects."

- the wisdom of Tarzan