Greetings all,

As we are fast approaching the day QGIS v2.0 will be release, I thought it
might be useful to create a public pool of nice maps showcasing some of the
new features that'll be available in v2.0. That should help writing release
notes (as visual examples of features will be readily available) as well as
being a nice PR effort to attract new users.

I believe quite a few of us QGIS users, as well as developers, have by now
moved on to using QGIS 1.9 to produce maps. As such, we might already have
a pretty good number of already-made maps exemplifying what's coming in
v2.0. Anita has already posted a couple of nice blog posts with photos, so
did Nyall. It'd be a matter of regrouping the maps under one umbrella.

A Flickr group has been set up over here:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/2244553@N22/

Nathan and I already uploaded a couple of maps. The concept would be to add
maps and a description highlighting the new features (see
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60284107@N00/8715653609/in/pool-2244553@N22for
example).

To upload to the Flickr group, it requires a Flickr account, which
shouldn't be too troublesome as one can link its yahoo or gmail account to
log in.

Is this something you guys would be interested in participating to?

Mathieu Pellerin