Where did you get this Scipy?  If it's from Scipy, then it is NOT for the
system Python, and you probably installed Python 2.6 (as well as 2.7) from
Python.org.  I don't know of anyone else building a Scipy for the system
python, or I wouldn't bother myself.

Same version of Python does not necessarily mean same installation of Python,
on OS X.  From the Terminal you can find out what Python is found:

type python
type python2.6
type python2.7

System pythons will be in /usr/bin.  python.org python will probably be in
/usr/local/bin, or /Library/Frameworks.

On Aug 6, 2013, at 1:03 PM, Jorge Arevalo wrote:

> Many thanks for your response, William.
>
> It's curious, because I've installed scipy 0.12 for system Python from
> command line, but QGIS can't detect it. So, if I execute this from
> command line:
>
> python2.6
>
> I see 0.12 as version number. But from QGIS plugins --> Python
> console, if I execute

> I see 0.11.0
>
> Even when I'm using the same Python version (exactly the same), the
> Python path is different in console than in QGIS. And I don't know
> why.
>
> Here, a screenshot that explains this:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6599273/errors/qgis/qgis_python.png
>

> On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 3:41 PM, William Kyngesburye
> <wokl...@kyngchaos.com> wrote:
>> You can't.  QGIS includes its own python interpreter and links directly to
>> the Python framework.  This ties it to a specific version and distribution
>> (ie system Python 2.6).  You either need to compile your own QGIS to use the
>> other python, or install scipy for the system python.
>>
>> I'm working on updating my Scipy distribution if you can wait, I just got
>> distracted by the fortran requirement.
>>
>> On Aug 6, 2013, at 5:07 AM, Jorge Arevalo wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm using QGIS 1.8.0 for Snow Leopard, downloaded from KingChaos wiki
>>> (http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/qgis). Once I open QGIS plugin
>>> console, I can see QGIS is using Snow Leopard's default Python
>>> (2.6.1).
>>>
>>> At the same time, I've installed Python 2.7.5 and some packages I
>>> need, like numpy or scipy. Specifically, I need scipy 0.12. If I open
>>> python from a command line, version 2.7.5 is used.
>>>
>>> The problem is I need that QGIS also uses Python 2.7, to detect scipy
>>> 0.12 (default system Python, 2.6.1, uses scipy 0.11.0). Default Python
>>> is installed at /Library/Python, but my manually installed Python 2.7
>>> is installed at /Library/Frameworks/Python.Framework. I guess QGIS
>>> looks for default Python first.
>>>
>>> How could I "force" QGIS to use my own Python version? Do I have to
>>> compile it by myself, instead of using KingChaos packages? I was
>>> thinking in something easier, like modifying Python path just for
>>> QGIS.
>>>
>>> Best regards

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if you ARE
a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm 50,000 times more
intelligent than you and even I don't know the answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy