Bernd,

I recently installed gdal with filegdb on ubuntu 13.10. My notes-to-self
about the installation procedure are found here:
http://hydrogeotools.blogspot.se/2013/07/install-gdal-with-file-gdb-and.html
Then I installed qgis 2.2 from ubuntugis-unstable. And now I do have qgis
with filegdb-support.
Is this what you were trying to achieve? ( I have to admit I did not read
the full thread.)
/Josef