Hi Nyall,

Am 10.04.2014 08:59, schrieb Nyall Dawson:

On 10/04/2014 4:21 pm, "Bernhard Ströbl" <bernhard.stro...@jena.de
<mailto:bernhard.stro...@jena.de>> wrote:

.
 > Anybody has an idea what the reason is? Does QGIS lock a table so it
cannot be altered?

Yes - here's some more info/bug reports:

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/7679

I remember this problem and have been looking into it some 2 years ago (estimated). My conclusion then was (if I remember correctly) that the psycopg2 transaction is not commited and thus locks the relation. (Closing DB manager closes the connection and thus terminates all transactions). Maybe setting the connection to autocommit solves this issue? I did not care any further because I do not use DB manager (but pgAdmin) for two reasons:
1) the named problem (it locks tables)
2) the need to install psycopg2 on all my clients' computers (IMHO a db plugin for QGIS should use QtSql because one can assume that it is installed).

but this Problem is (as far as I understand) not related to the problem described in the OP: tables are locked because they are loaded as layers into QGIS

Benhard

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Issue-with-standalone-python-script-and-PostGIS-Layers-td5098329.html

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/9357

Nyall

__________ Information from ESET Security, version of virus signature database
9658 (20140410) __________

The message was checked by ESET Security.

   part000.txt - is OK

http://www.eset.com