Hi,

IMHO a scale bar in degrees doesn't make sense at all apart from being unused to readers of the map. Because one degree in latitude is always (uhmm if I recall correctly) 110 km, in longitude this is only true for the equator, the closer you get to the poles the less km per degree in longitude (until 0 at the pole itself). If you display only a small part of the earth you migth manage with two scale bars (lon/lat) but how would you imagine a scale bar for e.g. north America?

Bernhard