Hi Denis

thanks for testing!

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Denis Rouzaud <denis.rouz...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> * In the case of a rule based renderer has a single top level rule, I
> would suggest that this top rule is not shown as a symbol but directly at
> the layer level (similarly to a single symbol layer).
> An example of such config:
>

> and in the legend:
>

> I would propose that "réseau" symbol label is hidden, and its symbol is
> shown on the layer level directly.

That would be possible, it would require some adjustments though. Currently
symbol's icon is shown at the layer level only if these two conditions are
met:
- there is only one legend node for layer
- the legend node has property "embedded in parent" set to true

* Also would it be too complicated to reproduce the rule-based hierarchy in
> the legend as a tree? Is it out of scope?

The legend nodes are intentionally kept in a list. Another tree structure
just for legend nodes would make things much more complex and the
rule-based renderer is probably the only case where it would have some
added value. In the future, if we support item delegates for legend nodes,
we could maybe achieve some pseudo-tree behaviour for rule-based renderer.
But currently that's out of scope...

Cheers
Martin