Alexandre

Feel free to see a working example in the latest release of TelemetryLayer

https://github.com/nzfarmer1/telemetrylayer/blob/master/tlbrokerconfig.py
(Line : 143)

If you install the plugin you can see it working by double clicking a group in
the legend.

There's also an example showing how to wrap the dialog init within a class with
state and to reflect dynamic changes made to the features while the dialog is
open

https://github.com/nzfarmer1/telemetrylayer/blob/master/featureforms/editformfactory.py
https://github.com/nzfarmer1/telemetrylayer/blob/master/tltopicmanager.py

(Code's a bit rough as this is a work in progress)

> Hello,
>
> even calling startEditing() programmatically, I don't seem to be able to open
> the Form in editable mode.
>
> Any help with this will be appreciated
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alexandre Neto
>
> On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 6:33 AM, Andrew McClure <and...@southweb.co.nz> wrote:
> I found this thread very helpful.  It seems to be that to the dialog into
> edit mode this has to be done programmatically by calling startEditing() -
> not by simply having the layer in edit mode.   Can anyone else verify that?
> Regardless, thanks for the pointers and suggestions in the thread. Much
> appreciated.
>
> On 30/09/2014, at 8:12 pm, Alexandre Neto <senhor.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 6:42 AM, Denis Rouzaud <denis.rouz...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> If you want to open a feature form like doing it from QGIS, just run:
>>
>> iface.openFeatureForm(layer, feature, false, true/false)
>>
>> http://qgis.org/api/classQgisInterface.html#a11b90f38afd09ac5e9f363933ee4a509
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Denis
>>

>> Actually this how my plugin worked back in QGIS 2.2. But in the latest
>> versions the iface.openFeatureForm() is always in add mode (like
>> setIsAddDialog). That is, after accepting the dialog, it adds a new feature,
>> and does not update my temporary feature. This leaves no room for any
>> changes before the feature commit. I described my problem in the following
>> bug report, and Matthias Kuhn adviced me to create my own Dialog, so that's
>> what I'm trying to do. I would be glad to use iface.openFeatureForm() only
>>
>> https://hub.qgis.org/issues/11099
>>
>> Thanks for your help
>>
>> Alexandre
>>

>> On 29.09.2014 18:19, Alexandre Neto wrote:
>>> Hello Salvatore,
>>>
>>> You were right, I just needed to import the class first, this have opened
>>> the form for me:
>>>
>>> from qgis.gui import QgsAttributeDialog
>>> mc = iface.mapCanvas()
>>> layer = mc.currentLayer()
>>> temp_feature.setAttributes(attributes)
>>> dialog = QgsAttributeDialog(layer, temp_feature, True)