Hi All

@nyall - just referring back to your original part of this thread - could
you please describe for us your preferred scenario with regards to Composer
-> Layout refactor and how it would relate to a LTR? For example would you
rather see it in the LTR or happen after the LTR etc?

Thanks

Tim

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 11:23 PM, Matthias Kuhn <matth...@opengis.ch> wrote:

>  On 01/18/2015 03:26 AM, Martin Dobias wrote:
>

> On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 3:59 AM, Nathan Woodrow <madman...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> We have a import hook in place so it would be possible to have just
>> import PyQt and handle which version is imported on our side however this
>> is a bit magic and I'm not sure many people would like it. Stuff like this
>> also breaks tooling because there is no PyQt module so most auto complete
>> will not work. (I have tried this trick before to strip Qgs from the front
>> of all classes on the fly)
>>

>  Agreed that adding magic to import PyQt4 or PyQt5 would not make things
> better. Plugin developers still would need to be aware of that and couldn't
> use new functionality from Qt5 anyway. QGIS 3 will supposedly introduce API
> cleanup, so the plugins will need to be adjusted anyway (some more, some
> less).
>

> That would not prevent devs from importing PyQt4 or PyQt5. It will only
> offer the possibility to write portable code. If somebody does not want
> this he can go ahead and directly import PyQt5 and use all the new features.

Tim Sutton
 * Desktop GIS programming services
 * Geospatial web development
* GIS Training