On 14 September 2015 at 07:07, Saber Razmjooei
<saber.razmjo...@lutraconsulting.co.uk> wrote:
> The new changes assume:
>  - User always wants to move a vertex
>  - Only one single vertex is selected
>
> But in general, the node tool is also heavily used for deleting, adding and
> moving vertices. With the new behaviour it is a bit confusing for users how
> the other tasks can be done, when it gets automatically locked on a single
> node.

There's a long blocker list relating to regressions in the map tools, eg:

- deleting a node: the rubber band is not removed
- deleting a node: when finished, the next node should be pre-selected
(this pre-selection should by synchro with the table view selection
model).
- right-click should cancel the edition of the node (but keeps it pre-selected)
- for point layers, there is no visual feedback of the point being
moved (no rubberband)
- editing in table view: changes should be applied to the rubberband
on keypress (not on editing finished), and when editing is finished it
should ends the digitizing (clear rubberband)
( all from http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13276)
- split tool errors: http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13273 and
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13347
- inability to add parts to null geometries - refs
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/12885

I tried to do some digitising in master last week and honestly it was
unusable for geometry editing. Lots of regressions and unexpected
behaviour compared to the smooooth editing machine that 2.8 is! I
understand master is a work-in-progress, but can we get some
confirmation of which issues will be addressed prior to 2.14?
Marco/Denis? If there's no funding to address these then I think they
should be prioritised for the 2.14 bug fixing period.

Nyall