Hi,
I'm more missing a discussion about why in fact all loaded layers are displayed in the legend, and not only those activated in the canvas. There is a reason why a deactivate layers: I want to produce a map only with those active ones = shown in the map. So why do I have to manually remove unneeded (in my cases often dozens of layers) from the legend, or, even worse, delete them from the project just to re-add them when I produce the next map?

It would be much smarter to add just those active in the moment of creating the legend. In case I forgot one I need, I will be happy to add this one manually.

Or did I miss sth obvious?

Cheers
Bernd