On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 09:37:36AM -0500, Germán Carrillo wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I've been studying ogrLayerName and GDAL/OGR algorithms in recent days. I
> understand ogrLayerName expects a URI from QGIS layers.

Of *any* provider, right ? And there's no way to know the provider
name from the URI. I think such interface is too fragile and should
be changed ASAP, don't you think ?

> One valid QGIS layer URI might be (talking about Spatialite layers):
>
> 'dbname=\'/tmp/test.sqlite\' table="test" (geometry) sql='
>
> The PR you merged [1] made it impossible to run an OGR algorithm with a
> Spatialite layer with such URI. Hence my comment to the corresponding
> commit.

I fixed that with a subsequent commit:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/fdc3542a2c39cdd12262826d5d92b3e1b62859ea

Please rebase your PR to take that into account.

--strk;

  /\   https://strk.kbt.io/services.html