I also wondered that there was no discussion about those topic for QGIS 3 so far, so I dare to throw into the collection a topic that a while ago was raised somewhere:

Ribbon based menues/menue groups

This is definately a love/hate topic, but as I got used to the ribbons in MS-Software, I really see them now as a way to partially reduce the clutter, though I have no real idea how to intelligently group the stuff (but I'm sure enough brilliant people around here could have good ideas)
And this would really give QGIS3 a maximum of a "fresh" look.

Cheers
Bernd