On 1 Dec 2016 8:47 PM, "Paolo Cavallini" <cavall...@faunalia.it> wrote:

Hi all,
with the recent addition of expressions as parameters, I think variable
buffer alg is a duplication of the fixed one, which should be renamed in
a generic "Buffer": am I wrong?
BTW: also Percentage buffer can be done with the same technique, so the
plugin[0] will possibly be useless.
Unsure about other plugins[1]: possibly these coud be unified as well?
Probably for the average user having to enter expression for this could
be intimidating at first: what about having a set of predefined expressions?

I've been thinking about something similar to the data defined buttons used
by symbology. Ie default to a constant value input, but using a custom
widget you can choose to use a fields value or a custom expression.

Nyall

All the best, and thanks.
===
[0]