On 06-12-16 23:00, Nyall Dawson wrote:
On 8 November 2016 at 11:24, Nyall Dawson <nyall.daw...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Discussion is currently underway concerning the future of a number of
the plugins which come preinstalled with QGIS.

This concerns the plugins:

- coordinate capture
- evis
- geometry_checker
- georeferencer
- heatmap
- interpolation
- offline editing
- oracle raster
- raster terrain analysis
- road graph
- spatial query
- topology checker

Given this, I think we should remove them from 3.0. First we could put
out a general notice saying they will be removed if no-one steps
forward to maintain (or sponsor) them. And failing a positive result
from that remove them from 3.0.

Yep, I'm with you: clean 3.0 up: remove them and let's bring only back those that are being asked for.

While we are on 'plugins' do we need anything to 'upgrade' the plugin api/system?

Are there no new insights around plugins that we can pick up now that we have the opportunity?

- Maybe make python + cpp plugins more like each other so I do not see: "(checkCppPlugin) [0ms] Failed to get name, description, category or type for" anymore...
- issues around server/desktop plugins
- maybe stream-line processing-algorithms and python plugins more, so the can maybe more interchangable
- whatever makes us as devs/users happy...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde