Sorry. I have appreciated since writing this email that you guys could not have foreseen how the project properties dialog box crashes because no one else reported that as a bug.

There's a paradox (or tension) here: to get the best testing you have to be using this software every day to do as many things as possible. That creates issues when something breaks in a project file, if it's hard to fix easily.

Every time the CRS changed I changed it back but now it crashes when I try to do that. The changes in layer styles that don't migrate was small compared to being unable to set the correct CRS on a project because the CRS gui crashes.