On 24 January 2018 at 03:13, matteo <matteo.ghe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> testing the new release I notice that in the Processing options there
> are still the 2 options to warn the user if the CRS among layers don't
> match.
>
> Processing is correctly not warning me with 2 layers with different CRS
> during a normal difference and intersection operation.

That's because well behaved algorithms now handle this automatically
for users... helping them not want to smash their screens.

> Isn't it useless to have this option with the new auto-reprojecting system?

Well, algorithms which CAN'T transparently reproject (for whatever
reasons) can return the QgsProcessingAlgorithm.FlagRequiresMatchingCrs
flag. If this is encountered then the CRS warning will be still shown.

Nyall