I share those concerns too.

The integration with parts of QGIS is sub-optimal. For e.g., the added (and
always visible) menu bar in the attribute form. I'm not sure is should be
there at all, and if so, certainly not when the layer's edit mode is OFF.

IMHO, I'd disable/remove less-than-optimal UI integration (such as the
above mentioned example), leave the less intrusive ones in there (the
action tool's actions), and revisit the UI in the 3.2 dev cycle.

Math