Hi Idan,

I'll reply for the part I'm aware of.

Le jeu. 1 mars 2018 à 06:05, Idan Miara <i...@miara.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I was examining the Scale/Magnifier widget in QGIS3.
>
> I couldn't find any difference in the output picture between the following
> combinations (example):
> Scale 1:1,000 and magnifier 1000%
> Scale 1:10,000 and magnifier 100%
> Scale 1:100,000 and magnifier 10%
> Is this by design ?

Yes this expected. The idea of the magnifier is for having a "magnifier
glass" to do scale-dependent editing. In my scenario, that was useful for
fine-placement of labels.
But if you don't have scale-dependent rendering (mainly labels I guess) or
using map units instead of points for symology, it won't (shouldn't) change
anything.

> I was expecting a different results, for instance, if I load OSM, and I
> change the magnifier while the scale is fixed I was expecting to see the
> same rendered image, just smaller/larger (i.e. same map features, no new
> labels/roads etc.)

well, if you magnify with a fixed scale that will change the extent, you
can't see as much features in the map.

> Also, is there an option to set the resolution in Map Units per pixel,
> i.e.:
> Meters Per Pixels (when the units are meters, as in UTM) or
> Degrees/Seconds per pixel (when the units are Degrees, as in Geographic) ?
>
> I guess it makes more sense for most people to use Scale, but when I want
> to examine specific pixels of a raster usually it's easier for me to think
> in Meters Per Pixels in respect to the Map Units, for instance, when I know
> that my map is in 10 Meters per pixel, then if I set the Map canvas
> resolution to the same value of 10 Meters per pixel I expect to see the
> pixels in 1:1 as one pixel on the raster is one pixel on the map canvas.
>
> Regards,
> Idan.

Best wishes,
Denis