I want to write a script in Python to perform an operation between two ESRI
shapefiles.
1. One shapefile (*overlay*), Ownership, containing one or more polygons.
2. 2nd shapefile (*Input*), may be Points, Lines, or Polygons

The script would find all Input shapes that are "touching" (*wholly or
partially within*) any of the Ownership polygons (*overlay*).  All features
that are touching the input shape, would then be written out to a new a new
shape.

I've been learning about the OGR/GDAL library, so I know about code like
this:
        doesIntersect = ownershipPoly.Intersects(inputFeature)

However, I am still fairly new to Python-based GIS work, so I'm still
learning about the various libraries that are available. Is the above
OGR/GDAL code the most efficient way to do it or is there something else
more appropriate?

Jeff

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-Developer-f4099106.html