Hi Nathan,

On Thu, 18. Jul 2019 at 16:51:44 +1000, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
> Jurgen, would we be able to include the debug symbols for the build on the
> normal installers for once release cycle while this is still an issue? That
> would be super handy to catch this and other issues that come up.

You can already install the qgis-pdb package using the normal installer.  The
normal installer is also shipped with the standalone, so you could also use
that to install pdbs afterwards.  They cannot be included in the standalone as
we're already near to NSIS' 2GB limit (maybe once the GRASS package is ported
to python3, so we can drop all python2 - but I gues not as the pdbs are huge)

We also have a symbol server - but given the nightlies it's huge and needs to
be aged out quickly (a week I think) so the release symbols probably don't last
long.  Running nightlies for this kind of thing should help.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Software Engineer         D-26506 Norden              https://www.norbit.de

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
GF: Juergen Fischer, Nils Kutscher HR: Amtsgericht Aurich HRB 100827
Datenschutzerklaerung: https://www.norbit.de/83/