Is an English description in the repository sufficient?

The reason I'm asking is that we are currently developing a localized plugin and it would be nice to show the localized description in the plugin manager, so our "localized" users get the information in their preferred language (and I don't think we can provide translated plugin descriptions?).

Thanks for clarification

Matthias