Haha, I never heard anyone using QGIS for any work that doesn't have a map involved. Do you have examples?

But last month I suggested using QGIS for generating the invoices for the Dutch User Group (as an atlas). Because I didn't know another way for doing such a job. Besides I thought it would be funny. :)

Raymond