Hi,

+1 for a standard python plugin.

If it's something you feel should definitely be available in qgis
installs, then I'd say making the python version as a prototype and
then opening a feature request for a c++ port is a good approach. Both
Alex Bruy and myself have a history of adopting tickets like this and
porting useful tools on a voluntary basis!

yes I think this algorithm can be very useful to have in core :) OK so should I reopen the PR?

I didn't quite get the workflow: PR opened with a python algorithm, it is accepted, merged and tagged as "to be ported to C++"?

Cheers and thanks

Matteo