Hi Denis,

The main issue is that the website is added to a branch (gh-pages) and is versioned. From time to time, I squash the commits and force push to avoid such a large size (obviously, it's been a while since I didn't do it). I am a bit reluctant at squashing / force pushing directly from the workflow as any error would mean losing the pages (potentially losing the older versions).

By fetching only the master branch you should be better.

got it, thanks

Then, building docs shouldn't take too long. What duration are you experiencing?

just reading sources it's more than 10 minutes while building the documentation is still running (so more or less 30 minutes). I don't understand if/where I can skip sources and compile just a small small part of the documentation since what I want to to is only theme related.

Another approach is to do a PR on the repo, you will have a built example at https://qgis.org/pyqgis/master_PRXX <https://qgis.org/pyqgis/master_PRXX> (replace XX) when it's finished.

and this can be done also to the forked repository right?

I believe it would require a bit of love to improve this workflow and drop the gh-pages branch.

I hope this helps a bit.

Thanks Denis

Matteo

Cheers,