> Very cool project, Even! (Why not "Cloud-Optimized" though? 😉 )

The term is heavily loaded and quite vague. SOZip doesn't make something cloud unfriendly magically cloud friendly. If you need to seek at 100 different locations in a (uncompressed) file, you'll need to also seek at 100 locations in its SOZip compressed version (which is excruciatingly slow for a regular non-optimized ZIP). SOZip will shine most for local use cases, where this seeking in the underlying compressed stream is a cheap operation. For remote use, your mileage may vary.

--
http://www.spatialys.com

  • [QGIS-Developer] Fw... Even Rouault via QGIS-Developer
    • Re: [QGIS-Deve... Richard Duivenvoorde via QGIS-Developer
      • Re: [QGIS-... Even Rouault via QGIS-Developer
      • Re: [QGIS-... WhereGroup
        • Re: [Q... Even Rouault via QGIS-Developer
          • [Q... Catania, Luke A ERDC-RDE-GRL-VA CIV via QGIS-Developer
            • ... Ismail Sunni via QGIS-Developer
              • ... Catania, Luke A ERDC-RDE-GRL-VA CIV via QGIS-Developer
            • ... Nyall Dawson via QGIS-Developer
              • ... Catania, Luke A ERDC-RDE-GRL-VA CIV via QGIS-Developer