Thank you!

I am also in Den Bosch and so I would love to join the discussion there, hopefully with valuable contributions and solutions :))

Cheers, Hannes

Am 21.03.23 um 09:48 schrieb DelazJ via QGIS-Developer:
Hi,
Thanks all for the feedback

I second the (somewhat reformulated by myself) opinion that we shouldn't just buy space or disk because we would be financially able to do so. Not sure it is a sustainable behavior and we'd just be postponing the issue (remember, pyqgis repo is also concerned). We rather should identify what we do really want/need to provide to our community. So I'm glad you'll discuss this at Den Bosch./(and I keep updating my list of todo for the sys admin)/ I also second the suggestion to delete 2.8 and 2.14. It'd release enough space to serve 3.28.

About the questions:
Hannes, the folders are so big because they serve (in about 15 to 20 languages):
- the HTML files (the ones we all know)
- the PDF files (e.g. https://docs.qgis.org/3.22/pdf/)
- and the zipped HTML files (https://docs.qgis.org/3.22/zip/) for local use for people that do not have full access to WEB but not sure if anyone is using them. It could be interesting to know stats of downloads (if any).

About why 3.10 is bigger than 3.22, it had two languages we no longer publish, and looks like we managed somehow to provide smaller files (plugins and third-party providers chapters that were removed on the road? 🤔)

Bernd, sorry for the old docs popping up during search. Unfortunately, not something new [0], and we still are looking for people with knowledge in this area to help us improve the situation. What I usually do is to replace the version number in the URL and most of the times, it work well unless the file has been restructured. The line that shows the top message is at [1]. If someone knows how we can add the section anchor to that URL, suggestions are more than welcome.

[0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/issues/6449 and there might be older discussion in ML [1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/themes/rtd_qgis/layout.html#L14

Greetings,
Harrissou