--
Jacky Volpes

Ingénieur SIG - Oslandia

Le 13/04/2023 à 08:11, Catania, Luke A ERDC-RDE-GRL-VA CIV via QGIS-Developer a écrit :
I thought I tried this before and it still showed the menu with its menu grayed
out, but maybe I set it on the submenu item, but I solved my issue by calling

menu.setDisabled(True) on the QMenu.  I reset it to False after my editing is
done so the context menu is available again.

If anyone thinks of a better way feel free to answer, but this will work for
now.  I was hoping the setContextMenuPolicy methd would work.

-----Original Message-----
From: QGIS-Developer<qgis-developer-boun...@lists.osgeo.org>  On Behalf Of
Catania, Luke A ERDC-RDE-GRL-VA CIV via QGIS-Developer
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2023 1:29 AM
To: Nyall Dawson<nyall.daw...@gmail.com>
Cc:qgis-developer@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [QGIS-Developer] Temporarily disable map canvas right click
showing Copy Coordinates

I am not using QgsMapTool.

T o capute mouse events, I declared my class as

class AoiSizeValidator(QWidget):

And added

def eventFilter(self, source, event):

with code that captures mouse click events.

I tried using

         iface.mapCanvas().setContextMenuPolicy(Qt.NoContextMenu)

and

         iface.mapCanvas().setContextMenuPolicy(Qt.PreventContextMenu)

But it did not work. I found that suggestion on a site where someone was
looking to disable the context menu for QWebEngineView, so thought it would
work for the map canvas.

I did find half a solution by setting

iface.mapCanvas().contextMenuAboutToShow.connect(self.disable_context_menu)

     def disable_map_canvas_context_menu(self, menu: QMenu, event:
QgsMapMouseEvent):
                menu.clear()

which basically completely clears the context menu from all its widgets, but I
would like he menu back after my right click event happens to end the edit
session.