Hi Angelos,

Thank you for the information. Will the new GDAL 3.8.4 also support LERC?

If not, then I'll wait until Ubuntu 24.04 which should already ship with LERC, according to Jürgen.

Thanks,

Andreas

On 2024-03-06 15:25, Angelos Tzotsos via QGIS-Developer wrote:

GDAL 3.8.4 is now in experimental ppa for UbuntuGIS (Jammy).
You need to have both the experimental and unstable ppa in your system to try this out.

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntu/ubuntugis-experimental
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntu/ubuntugis-unstable

Best,
Angelos

On 3/5/24 02:18, Jürgen E. Fischer via QGIS-Developer wrote: Hi Andreas,

On Mon, 04. Mar 2024 at 17:51:56 +0100, Andreas Neumann via QGIS-Developer wrote: I am wondering if there is a ubuntu (or debian) package repository available with a relatively new gdal, LERC and ZSTD support? Ideally a repo that can
be added to Ubuntu 22.04
Thank you if you know some package source? ubuntugis for jammy has GDAL 3.8.3 (but lacks LERC support; but has PDAL
2.6.2).

Debian unstable has GDAL 3.8.4 with LERC support (but is not suited for jammy).

We have QGIS builds of the release branches and master for both of them
(ubuntugis and debian just the LTR branch).

Jürgen