    ----Messaggio originale----
    Da: carson.far...@gmail.com
    Data: 26/08/2009 11.10
    A: "Alessandro Sarretta"<alessandro.sarre...@inwind.it>
    Cc: <qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org>
    Ogg: Re: [Qgis-user] manage R behaviour

    Hi guys,

    Does any of the text show up after you load a layer via Ctrl-L or
    anything like that?
    What about if you try to save a graphic (this should export a
    command to the manageR console)?

    Based on the versions of the various software required, I can't
    see why this isn't working.
    It must be a Windows thing, but unfortunately, I don't have access
    to a Windows machine at the moment.

    Cheers,

    Carson

    On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:12 PM, Alessandro Sarretta
    <alessandro.sarre...@inwind.it
    <mailto:alessandro.sarre...@inwind.it>> wrote:

        Hi Carson,
        same behaviour for me, using QGIS trunk e QGIS 1.1, installed
        by OSGeo4W in Windows XP.
        R2.9.0
        manageR 0.7.2
        qt4-libs 4.5.2-1
        pyqt4 4.5.2-5

        python-rpy2 2.0.3-1

        and congratulations, your plugin is improving really well!

        thanks
        Ale

        Carson Farmer ha scritto:

            Hi Filip,

               Dear all,
               I finally got to work manage R plug-in (version 0.7.2
            woks, I use
               R 2.9.1,
               Qgis 1.0.2, Win XP).
               But I am confused by its behaviour. The console doesn't
            return any
               results.
               I mean, when I type:

               $ x<-1
               $ y<-2
               $ x+y

               Nothing is returned, even though the variables x and y
            exist (they are
               listed on the Environment tab).
               However, when I load a shape file with Ctrl+L, the
            console writes
               out a
               message
               "QGIS Vector Layer
               Name: ..." etc.

               Is this a standard behaviour of manage R?

             no it is not the standard behaviour... I'm not sure why
            you aren't getting any output to the console with normal R
            commands.
            I haven't testing this plugin on Windows yet, so perhaps
            I'll give this a try tonight and see if I can get the same
            behaviour.

            What versions of Qt and Rpy are you running?

-- Carson Farmer
    National Centre for Geocomputation
    John Hume Building,
    National University of Ireland, Maynooth,
    Maynooth,
    Co. Kildare,
    Ireland.
    www.carsonfarmer.com <http://www.carsonfarmer.com>